Data collection commencing!!
It has been an exciting month for the National Healthcare Associated Infection Point Prevalence Survey team. Our two Research Assistants, Sophia Robinson and Stephanie Curtis, have commenced their appointments and spent the past month undergoing surveillance training. After rigorously testing the data collection tool, they are now experts in utilising the tool to investigate HAIs and are excited to commence the data collection at our sites.
Site visits for data collection across Australia will commence next week, August 8th and continue until November 30th. We have locked in several dates with sites, starting with Geelong, Bendigo, Launceston, Burnie and Adelaide.
As previously announced, 19 hospitals will be participating in the study, these hospitals are listed below. We sincerely thank all the hospitals for their involvement, particularly the site Principal Investigators who have worked hard to progress ethics approvals and organise the logistics of our visits. We look forward to visiting you all soon!
- Alfred Hospital, Vic
- Bendigo Health, Vic
- Calvary Hospital, ACT
- Fiona Stanley Hospital, WA
- Frankston Hospital, Vic
- Gold Coast University Hospital, QLD
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital, NSW
- Launceston General Hospital, Tas
- North West Regional Hospital, Tas
- Redcliffe Hospital, QLD
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, QLD
- Royal North Shore Hospital, NSW
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, WA
- The Prince of Wales Hospital, NSW
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, SA
- The Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Vic
- The Tweed Hospital, Vic
- University Hospital Geelong, Vic
We will continue to provide updates on the project through this blog and Twitter via @PLR_aus and @1healthau , or for further information please contact either Dr Philip Russo or Professor Brett Mitchell
Stephanie Curtis, Research Assistant, Australian National Healthcare Associated Infection Point Prevalence Survey